Director of the Center for Army, Conversion and Disarmament Research (CDACR) participated in the roundtable «How to strengthen the intelligence agencies of Ukraine», held at the Gorshenin Institute on September 4.
The roundtable was organized by the Gorshenin Institute and the Ukrainian Institute for Security Studies (WIBD), co-founded by the CDAC.
- Valentyn Badrak, director of the Center for Army, Conversion and Disarmament Research (CDACR), board member of the Ukrainian Institute for Security Studies (UIBD);
- Valeriy Kondratyuk, Chief of the Defense Intelligence Directorate General (2014 - 2016), Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine (2016 - 2019);
- Yuriy Radkovets, former Deputy Chief of the Defense Intelligence Directorate General;
- Alexander Skipalsky, Vice President of the Center for Strategic Research and Analysis, Chief of the Defense Intelligence Directorate General (1992 - 1997), Deputy Head of the Security Service of Ukraine (2007).
The participants discussed the following issues:
- Ways to reform intelligence agencies.
- Legislative change - what are the principal positions that should be reflected in the relevant laws. Features of the future profile committee.
- Creating an Intelligence Community: The Ukrainian Way.