The CDCAR, together with the National Institute for Strategic Studies, organized an expert discussion on threats and challenges for Ukraine in connection with the RF decision to simplify the process of conferring citizenship to the inhabitants of the temporarily occupied territories.
Participated in the round table: Yulia Tyshchenko - Head of the Department of Ethnonational Studies, Reintegration and Civil Society Development of the National Institute for Strategic Studies; Yulia Kaplan - Deputy Head of the Department of Ethnonational Studies, Reintegration and Development of Civil Society of the National Institute for Strategic Studies; Rosian Vasiloy- security analyst at the Institute for Development and Social Initiatives Vitorul (Republic of Moldova), former Deputy Head of the Border Police of the Republic of Moldova; Volodymyr Kopchak - the head of the Southern Caucasian branch of the Central Research and Development Agency. Moderated the event Mykhailo Samus - Deputy Director of the CEDAW on international issues.
During the event, the following issues were discussed:
- Key implications for Ukrainian citizens in the ORDLO. Decision on the possibility of acquiring citizenship of the Russian Federation (economy, politics, peace settlement, social sphere).
- Citizenship of the Russian Federation on the ORDLE and scenarios of the Russian Federation on the "integration" of the Donbas.
- Kvasi-Crimean scenario concerning citizenship in the Donbass, in what are the common features and differences: political, legal, legal aspects.
- Steps for the Ukrainian authorities to settle the situation with the "acquisition of citizenship of the Russian Federation" by Ukrainian citizens residing on the ORDLO (political and legal sphere).
- The question of dual citizenship in general: what are the main challenges of the emerging situation.
- "Passport" by Russia of the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova.
- "Russian passport" - as it was in Georgia. Lessons for Ukraine.
Video of the event can be viewed here:
See the photo gallery: